This last week the girls and I took advantage of the beautiful weather we are having in Ohio and went outside for some mommy and girls maternity pictures! With some awesome help from my sis in-law, we managed to get some great shots! The only downfall was that we didn’t get to do family pictures, as daddy was at work! If you’re thinking of trying to take your own maternity, here are some tips that you may be able to use!
- Make or grab some inexpensive props– I made some inexpensive flower crown for the girls and myself to add a pop of color and a touch of whimsy to the pictures. I didn’t spend much on the flowers and they were pretty easy to put together. They were the perfect touch for some fun and girly pictures!
- Have your helper keep snapping pictures-When you are taking pictures with kids, sometimes it’s hard to get them to cooperate! Keep snapping pictures and you’re bound to wind up with some good shots, or at least memorable ones!
- Shoot in raw and use natural light-Natural light will only help enhance and increase the beauty of each pictures. When you shoot in raw you can maximize this lighting even more! I have done some simple editing in each picture, which I was able to do because of shooting these pictures in raw.
- You don’t have to wait until the end of your pregnancy to take pictures-Take the pictures when you are feeling great! We took advantage of the beautiful weather and a decent sized baby bump at 6 1/2 months!
- Have fun and try out different poses-Have fun with the process and try out lots of different poses! You might not know if something will look good until you try it!
Enjoy some pictures from our own maternity photo session!
P.S. This awesome maternity dress was one of the items in my first Stitch Fix! A Stitch Fix stylist hand picks items out just for you and you get to try them on at home and decide if you want to keep them, or send them back! If you want to try out a fix for yourself (only $20 for the stylist and then that $20 will go towards whatever items you decide to keep!) use my link here and help me earn credit on my account! Then go share with your own friends and earn your own credit! Thanks!
Every Monday, Keri, and I host a link party specifically for moms to share encouraging posts. We would love for you to link up your posts on motherhood below and connect with some other mamas. Join us with #mamasharesmonday as we share our moments of motherhood.