A month or so back I did a post on some of my top recommendations for what new parents should buy for baby. To follow up for those friends that are still expecting their precious bundle, I racked my brain for what to pack in your hospital bag. Preparing for your baby’s arrival can get stressful, so stick around and learn what to pack and how to make it easy to prepare!
- Birth Plan. Remember to pack your birth plan! We typed up a simple plan that allowed the doctor and nurses to know what our wishes were. We handed them out right when we got to the hospital and didn’t have to worry about it from there. Make sure to have lots of copies!
2. Comfy Clothes. You’re not going to want to wear the hospital gown the whole time! Make sure you pack clothes that are comfy, but also help you feel put together and human again! I packed some yoga pants, but if I were packing again, I would totally want these At Ease Bottoms from Albion!
3. Nursing Bra. If you’re going to be breastfeeding, make sure you pack a comfy nursing bra. These bras are a great price, comfortable, and cute!
4. Chap stick. Just pack it! Dry lips should be your last worry!
5. Snacks. I would recommend you smuggle in some snacks! They aren’t going to want to give you solid food just in case you would have to go in for surgery last minute, but if you’re shooting for a natural birth, you’re going to need energy!
6. Camera. Don’t forget to pack your camera to capture all those precious memories!
7. Toiletries. You’re going to want to shower…and smell decent…and brush your teeth. Pack them!
8. Essential Oils. You may want to pack a few to set the mood. Maybe peppermint to perk you up? Peace and Calming…for obvious reasons!?
9. Music. We didn’t actually put together a playlist, but I know that lots of people put together a special birth playlist. Maybe you want some music to pump you up, or maybe something soothing?
10. Baby outfit. Make sure you remember to pack a going home outfit! It’s so much fun to pick out that first outfit you’re going to put your new precious bundle in and then see them wear it!
Was there anything I missed that you considered a must have? I’d love to hear. Leave a comment and help all those expecting mamas out there!