The title of this first post describes how I feel in one word: Blessed.
I do not always realize it, or live in a way that shows my gratitude, but God has truly blessed me. I have always enjoyed some form of chronicling my thoughts and life, but have easily strayed from journaling, and didn’t really have the motivation to start a blog. This evening as I stood on my front porch I felt grateful for the gifts that God has given me and surrounded me with. The hazy pink sunset against a darkening sky was made even more beautiful by the surrounding green landscape and the cool evening breeze. This I am thankful for and this I take for granted.
Our church had given the challenge to write what we are grateful for every day, following the guidelines of the book “1000 Gifts”. I had started to keep track, but in the process of having our first baby, even writing a simple phrase was pushed to the backburner as feed the baby, change the baby, clothe and feed self, and sleep (or try to sleep!) was about all that I could focus on! So now I have come back to the writing. Instead of a notebook, I’m turning to the computer to keep me motivated to write. To remind myself of God’s blessings and share these blessings with others.
I have decided to start with five daily blessing that fill my life. Though there are many more, tonight I start with five.
- The sunrise that brings God’s promise of a new day in all its beauty.
- Gracie’s smile. She fills my heart with joy each day and I cannot get enough of her dimply smile!
- A wonderful husband who likes to cook and will do the dishes too!
- Living in a wonderful rural community and being close to both of our families
- Early evening sunsets and time to be still and reflect on the day.
Simple gifts, but extravagantly blessed.
|Daddy’s little Spider-monkey!